27 Nov 2010

A few photos of my trip. (photo heavy)

I am almost over the flu I have had since coming back, I have now given it to Hal, he is in bed at the moment. So I have come down to my craft room to give him some piece and quiet, why is it the more you try to be quiet the louder you are?

 I thought you might like to see some of the areas we went.

This is the village were my Mum lives I just love that everything is there for her. I loved the colour of the trees when we got there. It had all gone in a few days once the wind got the leaves.

I love this Church and the colours again were fantastic.

It looked like there had been a wedding on the weekend before we got there.

Then on to the village green,

That has to have a village pub of course.

We were so lucky with the weather the first few days, it was cold but sunny, Then we moved on to Lancashire, we arrived late on the Sunday and this is what greeted us when we got up on Monday.
Snow on Pendle Hill.
I cannot remember being as cold as I was for that week, my sister in law has a large aga in the kitchen and I spent most of the time leaning up against it to keep warm.

But the real reason for the trip was our next stop, no not meeting Julia though that was great and I have the photos. I just wish I had had more time with her and hadn't felt so cold all the time, maybe next time.

No the real reason for this trip was to meet this little lady for the first time.


Here she is with her Granddad for the  first of many cuddles they had over the next few days.

And her Uncle Jon,
Then I got in on the act.

She is just a little doll loved by all of us, I just wished I could of brought her back with me, but she has to stay with Mum and Dad for now.
So that was a quick run down of my trip, hope I didn't bore you too much with the family photos but that was the whole reason for going this time. I cant wait for the next time now.

Thanks for reading,
Cath

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gorgoeus lovely photos, even if they can't imply the cold. It's worse now, you'll be glad to hear - below freexing all day here yesterday and poor old Lancashire's suffering about 6" of snow!! Yuk. So glad you're feeling a bit better, gosh it really did strike you out. Hugs to Hal and take it easy both!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What lovely photos of your trip. I'm impressed by all the beauty you saw and captured. So different from America. And that sweet new addition to the family is a real keeper. I can tell how proud you and her parents are.

BTW, I didn't get the photo of you and Julia. Maybe you could resend it? My e-mail seems to be OK again! Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I’ve meant to post about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers..