28 May 2010

Life got in the way....

 Of me doing anything crafty this week and most of last week.....
I started last week by going to the local Hospital and having a complete MOT, you know all the usual tests us women have to go through. I don't mind going for these as I know they are lifesavers, but I do think its a bit much when you go for your mammogram and when you take your top off the nurse says "oh big" she should of seen them before I lost weight that's all I can say. So this week I got a call to ask me to go and pick up the results. Now I know they were just ringing and telling people the results over the phone so why did I have to go and get mine? When we got there I was taken to the office and the doctor went through all the results with me, all had come back clear except my bone density, it looks like I have the start of osteoporosis, but at my age that isn't a shock.
I went from there over to the south side to pick up my mail, my new Craft Stamper had finally got here. Then from there to my Diabetic Doctor for my check up. Now I have not been since October last year and I knew I had put on some weight over the winter but I didn't realise just how much! the diet starts again today.  Now what else have I been up to. I went on a boat trip the other night with a group of friends, there was only about 25 of us on the boat so we had a great time. It was too late to go swimming but we got the most wonderful sunset and as usual I didn't have my camera with me. One of the girls has said she will put some photos on facebook so I will pinch some from there. Then last night we went to a band concert at the Governors house in Nicosia, again no camera, but I do have a great scrapbook page I did from the concert last year that I will leave you with as I have to go get ready for a do tonight.


 
Thanks for reading,
Cath

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Busy busy! I love the LO Cathy -it's gorgeous. And I'd have to do a LO to mark the wearing of a dress.....April 2009 was the first timein so many years I can't remember and certainly not since!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh you do have a busy life :) lately some good and some bad. Good luck with the diet. As for the mammogram nurse - how rude! LOL
Anne xx

Rinkly Rimes said...

How interesting to meet someone from Cyprus! My uncle (British) was in the police force there many years ago and my aunt used to rave about the lovely life-style.

I've just commenced a journal-style blog about my life in Australia but I also have a comic poetry blog at


htt://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, you little socialite!!! LOL

Glad that for the most part you passed the MOT - hopefully the oesteo thing can be managed and not bother you for a v long time - if at all...

That nurse who commented on yr ((boobs)) was just jealous - but could still have kept her opinions to herself - surely not very professional!!!

Paula x x x