25 Jul 2011

Late with my Make My Monday card....

Sorry if you came around this morning to see my card for Make My Monday, I somehow forgot to blog about it this week! I blame the heat its so hot the double sided tape is just not sticking, I am having to use the red backed tape on everything to keep it together. And they say its going to get hotter this next week, I was talking to friends who have pools this morning and they were saying that the water is getting too hot to swim in so you cant jump in to cool down.

Anyway back to cards, here is the card I did this week for Make My Monday.


We are still on the Vintage theme, but this week the challenge is to use Pearls and Lace on your card as well.

For my card I used a plain card blank covered with Papermania V&A paper that I then edged with Adirondack Pesto die ink. I then added brown card that I had distressed and inked, added some lace to the edge and some pearls to that. Then did some stamping with the same ink using a stamp from Crafty Individuals and one I have had for a long time and am not sure where I got it from. The main stamp I then coloured in using Faded Jeans design ink then added both images to the card with foam pads.

Please come on over to Make My Monday and have a look at how the rest of the team have got on and to join in with us.

Thanks for reading,
Cath

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely card you have created. You did a great job with the requirements of this challenge. The lace and pearls are a lovely addition to this card.

This morning I heard we have had 24 consecutive days of 100 degree or higher (38 or higher C) temps. Not something I wanted to hear. Sounds like yours is not much better. And I had my large pillar candle melt in my craft room it got so hot. Really hard to craft when it's that hot, especially when I need to make pages to send to you!

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card - hope the temperature comes down a bit lower so you can work in comfort. It's been a bit on the chilly side here (UK)but warming up again now

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Cath - you have done a fabulous job with this card considering the conditions. I dont like too much heat so feel for you! Keep cool!

Cazro said...

I love the colours of your beautiful card, I can't stand the heat, not used to it. Caz

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card Cath, hope you get some respite from the heat soon - Jacqueline xx.