15 Aug 2011

My first Christmas card.

This week over on Make My Monday (remembered the link this week) the theme is Fairy's or Angels, now I am not a big fairy or angel lover, so knowing that I didn't have any stamps suitable for the theme I had a good look around the internet and sent my order off. Not quiet sure what happened but I am still waiting! So I started hunting through my stash to see if there was anything I could use and came upon a very old Christmas stamp that had been used once and put away, but there on top of some parcels was a fairy.


I do not know the name of the stamp as I put all my Christmas stamps into one box years ago. I stamped her up with black archival ink and coloured her in with watercolour pencils, you can see in the close up that the card had a weave to it that I hadn't noticed until I started colouring. I then added glitter glue to her shoes, the bottom of her dress and the holly. The sentiment is from a very old set I got about 5 years ago and still use ever year, I stamped it then cut it out and added pom pom ribbon to look like snowballs.

 
You can see the glitter on her wings and dress a lot better in this photo also the small charm hanging from her hand.

Please go and have a look at what my team mates had been doing this week as there are some stunning cards, and if you feel inspired have a go along with us.

Thanks for reading,
Cath

10 comments:

Fliss said...

Really cute card Cath. Love the glittery accents and the simple elegance of your card. Great start to the Christmas pile too.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Aquarius said...

That's a really cute fairy - lovely card

Julia Dunnit said...

Isn't she sweet! I love that you've 'dangled' the tree from her hand.

Jacqueline said...

I love this - she looks such a happy fairy! - Jacqueline xx

Suzi B said...

A fabulous fairy... I think she's a bit coo1 ( as my grandaughter would say.. Coool! )
Suzi B xx

Cazro said...

Simply fabulous, you may not be a faury person but you've got a perfect card. Caz

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is a sweetie of a card,,,, love the tree charm,,,,

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! What a fun card. I love the stamp you used even though like yourself fairies are not at the top of my list when choosing stamps. I own a few but have used them once and that was to make some Atc's.

Thanks for sharing this cute card.

Hugs Julie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not an angel or fairy fan, either, but this little gal is adorable. I like how she balances herself on top of the presents. Good job coloring her, too. I think the weave in the paper was actually a bonus.

Yvonne Garner said...

Right there with you on angels not bing big for me, but your design is adorable. I love all the detail you put into your card.