20 Aug 2010

Simon says its all about Wendy....

So Wednesday was winners day over on Simon says and what winners they were....... You can go and see for yourself , the first one is Luthien, the next is Lynn and the final one was Donna, after seeing what these ladies made I'm not sure if I will ever be that good.
 The theme this week was chosen by Linda and is Wendy Vecchi studio 490 style. Well as I don't own a single thing of Wendy's I was a bit stumped, but as I carried on reading I realised it was about her style not her products so I went over to her blog and had a look. I have looked at her blog from time to time but I was always a little scared of how she did things but I found a nice little tag she had done and thought I would give it a try. You can see her tag here. Now I haven't been doing this altering thing for long (scrapbooker at heart) so I don't have what I could call my own style yet, I just try things out that I have seen and see what happens. So trying to follow someone else's style is a bit hit or miss you either get it or you miss by a mile I think, but I gave it a go and I don't think I missed by much!


What do you think?

I used a normal tag and stamped with a watermark ink pad, added clear embossing powder, then covered the whole thing with tattered rose ink. I then cut it with one of Tims on the edge dies, the end I cut again so I got two lines of holes, which I knotted together with some old  ribbon. The centre was made with a small house from the collection elements range, the paper it is covered with is also a scrap from them. The red centre is just the middle from a chipboard frame that I covered with fired earth ink. Then to finish it off I used a ticket I had and stamped it with Wendy's trend mark saying Make Art, only using the only stamps I had it looks like Make Ant!

Thanks for reading,
 Cath

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Lovely tag Cath - great colours and I do like that pearl pin holding the ticket - Jacqueline xx

Jacqueline said...

Hi again - if I have done this right this is a link to Splitcoast Stampers where I got my inspiration from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard/
It's very easy to make but impressive to look at! - Jacqueline xx

Nancy Wethington said...

Cath, you captured Wendy's style with your "make art". Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog challenge.

Terry said...

Hiya Wendy thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp with your wonderfull project of your own Wendy Style...Hugs Terry xxxx

Lynne Forsythe said...

Cath....what a wonderful "Art" creation....

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Kirsty.A said...

Greetings from France - I'll be back in Blogland in September - only a week until I go back to work - starting to feel down about it already