5 Dec 2011

Glitter............

Its a bit like Marmite! you love it or hate it. Personally I am ok as long as it's in a tube of some kind with glue, the loose stuff I get all over and still find on me days later. So when this challenge over on Make My Monday was posted my heart sank, but I thought I managed with the Father Christmas a few weeks ago, so how bad could it be! To start with I could not get my head around it at all, I thought about doing baubles and filling them with glitter but the only stamp I have really isn't the right one for that, I also thought of a shaker card but the only loose glitter I have is too fine for that. So I went off and did something else, whilst there I I found my house die and thought ok snow on the roof would look good so off I went with my white glitter glue and this is what I got!



Why does my glitter look green when it went on white?
The house die is one of Tims, the Santa is a very old CeeDee stamp set and the moon I am not sure of. What I do know is I will be redoing a glitter card sometime this week on Make My Monday.

Please do go over and see what the rest of the team have been doing, I promise there are some truly stunning cards this week.

Thanks for reading,
Cath

9 comments:

Fliss said...

A gorgeous wintery scene Cath. The row of houses is fabulous and love the moon and sleigh. Very atmospheric.
Did you see my comment on the DT blog about your glitter problem. I don't know if it's the answer but it's worth a look.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Aquarius said...

I must say my mind went blank for a while too and as you say glitter gets everywhere!! What a great idea to use that house die with Santa going overhead - great

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've always had a bit of a hate relationship with glitter, and like you, it stays on me for DAYS. But I think you did a super job with this challenge. Personally, I think it's PERFECT.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I am with you on the glitter front...dont like it very much lol:) I think your card is really effective and I love that moon!

Suzi B said...

I like this Cath... (the houses with green glitter would make a fabulous halloween card!) No offence intended cos I love it as a Christmas card ... my imagination is ruunning riot... the green is where Santa's just been! lots of well behaved children in that street! lol
Suzi b xx

Jacqueline said...

Great card Cath - love your sleigh stamp - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

I like it!!! I think that the houses look really neat and nighttime-esque (new word I just made up)!!! :) LOVE that Santa silhouette!!! I think you should make a HALLOWEEN one with the houses and same glitter--huh?!

Val said...

This is such a brilliant idea - and the snow on the roof really brings them to the forefront.

Hugs
Valxx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is one of my favourite themes for Christmas Cath - the dark moonlit street with Santa and his magical flying reindeer zooming over the rooftops! I think the moon looks great! Vx